0
Shopping cart

After bite or sting

An insect bite can cause pain, swelling, redness, irritation and itching. Other types of bites and stings can also cause serious problems. It is important that you get the right treatment after an insect or tick bite. All products in this category are selected for insect bite treatment


 

SYMPTOMS OF INSECT BITES

If you do not protect yourself properly and do not take sufficient anti-mosquito measures, you may get an insect bite. Do you suffer from swelling, redness, irritation or itching after an insect sting or the bite or sting of other creatures? Then use one of the effective products of Care Plus®! Especially with a tick bite it is essential that you are alert to the dangers and get the right treatment.

INSECT BITE TREATMENT

With the Venimex from Care Plus® you can quickly suck out the poison of an insect or spider. Bitten by an insect or stung by a jellyfish? The Click-Away Bite Relief reduces itching and swelling within minutes. With the Care Plus® Insect Bite Gel, you can relieve the symptoms of an insect sting and cool and soothe the irritated skin. But the Insect Bite Gel also works for relieving the burning sensation after a jellyfish sting or after the skin has come into contact with nettles. What a relief!

SYMPTOMS OF AN INSECT BITE

An insect bite can cause pain, swelling, redness, irritation and itching. Normally, these symptoms can be reduced by applying a Care Plus® product after the bite or sting. But there are situations that require extra attention and you may need to contact a doctor! This applies, for example, to an allergic reaction after a mosquito or insect bite, or excessive pain or swelling.

WHEN IS AN INSECT BITE CAUSE FOR ALARM?

Sometimes an insect bite or sting can cause an allergic reaction. For example, you can get an allergic reaction after the sting of a bee or wasp, or after a mosquito bite. When the symptoms are not limited to itching, swelling, redness and irritation at the spot of the bite or sting, you may be having an allergic reaction.

ALLERGIC REACTION AFTER MOSQUITO OR INSECT BITE

Do you suffer from difficulty breathing or a rash after an insect bite in a place other than where you were stung? Do you suspect that you are hypersensitive to the sting of a mosquito, bee, wasp or any other insect? Are you showing an allergic reaction? Then contact a doctor immediately. This certainly applies to an insect bite in the mouth, tongue or throat! Excessive swelling in these areas can of course be very dangerous. Cooling with ice can help reduce swelling.

PREVENTING TICK BITES

A tick can infect you with a bacterium that can cause Lyme disease. A tick bite can be prevented by covering your skin as much as possible. Ticks live in low vegetation such as grass and shrubs. Always wear long trousers and tuck your trouser legs into your socks. Use an Anti-Insect product on the uncovered skin. Want to optimally protect your feet, ankles and lower legs? Wear the impregnated Bugsox from Care Plus®!

FIRST AID FOR TICK BITES

Bitten by a tick? The right treatment consists of first correctly and safely removing the tick with the Care Plus® Tick Remover. Do this preferably within 8 hours after the tick bite. Only after removal of the tick should you disinfect the bite with alcohol.

TREATMENT FOR TICK BITES

Has a red ring developed around the bite site after a tick bite? Do you not feel well after a tick bite? It is important that you receive expert treatment right away! The sooner the treatment starts, the greater the chance that it will be effective. Contact your doctor immediately.